Friday, August 13, 2010

What Has Happened To Me?

Is it the almost empty glass of wonderful French Rose? The inspirational dancing on the SYTYCD finale? The amazing sunset as seen through my new living room window (mountain view!)? The beautiful sleeping boy upstairs, who has recently began saying "I love you too!"? The forecast for a hot August weekend? All of these things leave me sitting here on my comfy couch sappy with happiness.
The new house is wonderful. Every day we chip away at the unpacking, while still trying to enjoy the last bit of summer. Turns out I'm WAY happier here than I could have imagined. The landscaping makes me feel at peace. It reminds me of vacation and we all know that is my fav thing in the world.
Austin started a new school on Aug 2nd, the Monday after we moved. He took it in stride, with nary a complaint. He has thoroughly enjoyed it. Has even made a friend, to our delight. He says he "follows him EVERYWHERE!"
Looking forward to another b-day party tomorrow (Happy Birthday Amelia!) and perhaps a BBQ or something equally festive on Sunday.
Yay Summer 2010!

No comments: