Friday, July 3, 2009

Approaching 3

Things have been a little more challenging recently because Austin's Almost 3 Behavior has been crazy. Everything's a struggle especially getting dressed and sitting on the potty. Actually, he's not really interested in doing anything other than watching movies or listening to music. Apparently, I have a teenager already. He hasn't been getting enough sleep so that definitely has contributed toward it, and he's had a little cold so that's part of it as well.
Some cute stuff that he's done lately:
Today we were in Home Depot shopping; Austin was holding the light switch that we were buying. I saw him flipping the switch up and down and looking at the store's lights to see if he was turning them on and off. He did that for quite a while. It cracked me up!
He's adamant about wearing his diapers lately and not using the potty. He refuses to even wear pull-ups. I tell him all the time that soon he'll be too big for diapers and then what will we do? He says "Sevens, momma, sevens". (He wears size six diapers.) When I told him they don't make sevens, he said "Tens?"
A few days after that, I was trying again to get him to use the potty and wear a pull-up, but he refused and wanted diapers. He pointed to the pile of diapers on the shelf and said "Out of diapers, go potty." I said "Really? When we're out of diapers, you'll start going potty again?" He said yes, so we high fived and that's the plan. I like his negotiation skills.

No comments: